Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hands-free = Hazard

Most of you are well aware of the new cell phone "Hands-free" law that has now been in action for just two days. Today I attempted to switch back to using a wired earpiece I have from a couple years ago to be a law abiding citizen and avoid the fees of a ticket. Of course, this corded item is only compatible with my work cell phone. So, now I am driving with a distracting wire hanging from the side of my face, fussing with the piece in my ear that is giving me a headache and keeps falling out due to my small ear canal that does not like items inserted in it, looking up numbers on my personal cell phone, dialing them into my work cell phone, attempting to adjust the volume, moving my arm while forgetting about the wire hanging from my face - in effect sending the attached cell phone onto my passenger seat, and scurrying for the phone to hang up, all while saying "Can you hear me OK?" 13 times per conversation. And this is supposed to be a safety law? I think I am living the letter and not the meaning of the law. I am in the market for a hands-free wireless option and hope to bring you good news of a safe future soon. Until then, watch out on the roads in you live in Monrovia, Long Beach, or anywhere in between on the 605 freeway. I will miss talking with all of you that are so faithfully part of entertaining me during my commute.

3 comments:

the mathisons said...

You will have to let me know what you find... just in case:)

Renee said...

Brian got the Blue Ant Z9 and really likes it. It goes into the ear but is really comfortable. He tried a few before finding this one. You can get it a newegg.com. Happy hunting!

Britany said...

chan, i know what you mean. i have a bluetooth however i refuse to wear it in public. i will only wear it in the car. on tuesday i was wearing the said bluetooth calling someone on the phone and for some reason the bluetooth didn't pick up the conversation so the person i was calling was yelling hello, hello, hello out of my phone's speakers. and i ended up talking on the cell phone and apologizing profusely for the mix up. good thing no cop was around or i'd be a poorer woman. (wow this was like a blog post within a comment box sorry it was so long).