Monday, August 4, 2008

Vacation, Day 1

If today is any indication of how this weeks vacation will go then I have a week of blessing ahead of me. After a late night and very little sleep I was quickly on my way up to Sacramento. My parents and I went down to have lunch with my Grandpa Chaix, who impresses me with each and every day with how well he is doing. Moving at the speed of a 91 year old set this vacation off on a good note. We had a leisurely lunch, picked some fruit from the tree behind the house, traveled up to Auburn where we took a quad ride over to see my Gregersen Grandparents, picking up my niece on the way. Noteworthy observations from today: it takes just a couple hours of hanging out with my parents to understand completely where I get my humor and sarcasm, my brother is quite the farmer with an impressive vegetable garden, and changing up the pace of life from time to time is very healthy. Here are some pics from the day:











Grandpa Chaix and I at lunch (unfortunately the camera caught him pre-smile).




























Picking nectarines (YUM!).



















Grandpa Gregersen and I.
He was pretty impressed with my arm-stretching camera skills.






















Cassidy, Mom, and I on our quad ride.



















Grandma Gregersen and her great granddaughter, Cassidy.

2 comments:

Chelle Neilsen said...

ahhhhhhh. sounds wonderful. :) have fun up there.

the mathisons said...

I love how your family spends time together.. like right out of some book or movie. Glad you are able to take a much needed vacation... at a grandpa's pace:)
Looking forward to seeing you!