Monday, May 2, 2011

Half Way Point

Last week we reached our half way point of pregnancy... 20 weeks!  It is funny how it makes the due date seem so much closer but yet so far away all at the same time.  Earlier in the week I had told Keith I felt like I had hit a growth stop with my belly and hadn't grown much in the past week or so.  He emphatically let me know that I in fact was growing and looking quite large (in a good way).  I guess since I see me all day every day the changes aren't as obvious to me.



Another exciting event was feeling the baby move for the first time during the Good Friday service at church.  Maybe it was the first time in a while that I sat that still for an extended amount of time so I actually could finally feel our little Sprout moving around (we call the baby "Sprout" sometimes since we don't know the gender and don't really like using "it".) 

Current cravings:
Lemonade (or anything tart);
Creamy ice cream or shakes (though I try not to indulge too often);
Mexican food (just about any variety, any time).

Imagine turning on your computer at 5:30am to see this larger than life size as your screen saver.  Scary!  Keith had some fun with Photoshop making fun of my Lemonade addiction.

3 comments:

The Browns said...

You look amazing!!! I can't wait to find out if you are having a baby boy or girl:)

As for the food cravings...I LOVE sour things too!!!

Annie said...

Hi Chan! You look great!
I loved feeling the baby move- so exciting! I loved how it was my own private connection with the baby- like, if I was with other people, and the baby started moving, I felt like I had a secret conversation going on with the tenant in my belly :) And when I'd put Devon's hand where he could feel the movement, it was like I was letting him in on the secret!

Enjoy the lemonade!

the mathisons said...

20 weeks!! You look so cute, Chanda, just like I knew you would! The baby kicking is something that I will always remember and long to feel. I always pictured that little foot and hand, so small, as if it was letting me know that they were there.
Love you Chanda!
Lemon heads are great during pregnancy.