Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tuesday 4PM

Isn't it always the case that your car never breaks down when you have time to spare. Let me tell you a little of my experience from yesterday. 6am to 4pm went fairly smooth. Work, running errands at lunch, prepping for an upcoming meeting. Normal everyday. I even made it out the door by 4pm as I had hoped (which if you know me, the words "I'm gonna try to leave early today" are a curse that almost always results in me leaving work extra late). The events after 4PM weren't quite as smooth. Not a mile from work my car decide it didn't want to run anymore at a very inopportune time. After one more attempt to drive it I finally ended up on the side of the road in desperate need of a tow truck. A few phone calls, a 30 minute wait on a grassy knoll on the side of the road and... God sendeth me Shaun, the attractive tow truck driver. Shaun was fast to the task and got me quickly to the car dealership that just 5 days prior I had fired after my 4 faithful years of patronage to this horrendous excuse for a business (a whole other story). Paperwork, transport to the rental car location, more paperwork, and I was back on the road... ironically in the almost exact make and model car I had left at the repair shop, just 4 years newer than mine. The speedy efforts of the amazing Customer Service Rep at AAA, Shaun the attractive tow truck driver, Tim the repair shop guy, and Emily the rental car agent, all paid off as we worked together for the common goal of getting me to the Coldplay concert on time. Next post... Coldplay (Binoculars Required).

No comments: