Monday, January 21, 2008

Blank Sheet of Paper

There is a song I have enjoyed over the last couple years that seems to be sticking with me lately. Tim McGraw's "Blank Sheet of Paper" keeps wandering through my mind. It isn't the circumstances in the song but the idea of having so much to say swirling around in your head but not being able to translate the words down onto paper. The 21 days that 2008 has had to offer haven't all been bad but they certainly have not been what you wish for when the clock strikes 12 on New Year's Eve. Somewhere in the midst of trying to make sense of its joys, tragedies, freedoms, and restraints I hope to be able to translate my words onto paper. I am hopeful that the words will come and I already see 2008 taking an upward turn. Until the words come ...

4 comments:

Renee said...

I love you! The words will come... How about a friendly list of things we dont know about you? I just did one and it was quite fun coming up with it.

Chanda Erselius said...

Thanks Renee for the support and for coming to the open house for my grandma. It means a lot to me. As for the list, I saw Kelli's and figured I could start one. I will start working on it. :)

Britany said...

I know what you mean. It's kinda funny though... for such a long time I feel like I am boring and nothing happens in my life. So I feel like I have nothing to say. And then like bammo bunches of stuff happens and I just don't know what to say. I guess with time the words will form as we begin to sift through our thoughts. I love you Chan and can't wait till we chat it up.

Kristi said...

Chan, I'm really sorry to hear about your grandma. It sounds like you're really going to miss her. I agree, I wish I could've seen you too. It was a really nice visit! I pretty much visited every friend and restaurant ;) I wanted to (minus you). I'm really curious what's been going on these past 28 days. I'll give you a call this weekend and MAYBEEEE we'll be able to chat a little....thanks for your honesty!